See Competitive Edge’s own Jennifer Matras in action!
Click Here to Watch the Fox Sports Network Video
featuring Florida Panthers’ Forward David Booth
Currently Scheduled Programs
Contact us for our current class schedule, or sign up (at left) to receive our weekly schedule via email (featuring helpful tips and inspiring insights!)
Download Information and Registration forms for upcoming scheduled training sessions. (PDF files)
SPRING 2017 On-Ice and Off-Ice Training Program,
STARTS MARCH 14 THROUGH MAY 18 – Kensington Valley Ice House, Brighton, Michigan
SUMMER 2017 On-Ice and Off-Ice Training Program,
STARTS JUNE 19 THROUGH AUGUST 14 – Kensington Valley Ice House, Brighton, Michigan
Individual and Group Power Skating Instruction
Improve your skating and stick handling skills with our private, semi-private or team training power skating instruction. Our proven methods will help you bring your “A” Game every time you hit the ice.
- Lessons are scheduled with a maximum player-to-instructor ratio of 5 to 1
- Players are grouped together based on their age and skill level
- Drills designed to improve flexibility, edge stability, balance, coordination, stride mechanics and explosive starts
- Concentrated focus on one-legged exercises that are key to developing leg extension and power equally in both legs resulting in greater balance, coordination and speed
During team skate instruction, the team will be divided into two groups to allow for an instructor-to-player ratio of 1 to 10. Each group spends approximately 20 to 30 minutes with the instructor, which allows for more individual instruction.
- $60/per player for 60-minute private lesson
- $35/per player for 30-minute semi-private lesson
- $135/60-minute practice team training
- $150/80-minutes practice team training
*Rates subject to change. Contact Competitive Edge for current rates.
NOTE: Ice time is additional cost based on time and availability, NOT included in prices above.
Positive Results: Read What People are Saying
“[My son] Joe said to me: ‘The stuff Jennifer teaches can always be used in every game, like the drills using one leg, ’cause it makes you stronger. You can’t always use stuff other camps teach you in every game.’ A great viewpoint from such a young man! Kudos to you Jennifer!”
“Thank you for such a great summer power skating class! I had a lot of fun working with you and improving. Because of you, I made a hockey team just because of my edge work. This year has been such a wonderful experience for me and I look forward to doing it again next year!”